Fall is coming quickly in Grand Rapids, and as the season begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our homes. Now is the perfect time to begin thinking about how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and add some fun fall accents for your replacement doors to replicate the atmosphere of the season. Doors are typically the focal point of a home—they offer curb appeal and can make a big impact on a person’s first impression of a house. Here are several things to think about when selecting your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is helpful when it comes to drawing eyes to the doorway. There are many ways to produce levels, including using decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to place pumpkins or other creative fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall gives us a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should complement it. Gourds and pumpkins continually provide a great pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are a great choice for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are always staple fall decorations that are used year after year, but creativity in on-trend items can make your house look unique and stylish. Some of the big door hangers this year include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a entertaining fall message to offer an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string some together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of loading fall flowers into a basket, compile a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and place it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into a charming scarecrow to greet guests when they arrive at your door
Use your replacement door as a blank slate for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and unique curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating could include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in Grand Rapids a call at 616-201-0206 or schedule an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always a great time for a new front door and a new look!