The cold season is fast approaching in Grand Rapids and when the temperature lowers, the energy bills can often get higher. There are a lot of things that you can do to get yourself organized for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can improve your home comfort throughout the winter season, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
Are you wondering what is so significant about storm door installation? While storm doors are beneficial all year long, here are a few of the benefits that storm doors deliver during Grand Rapids winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are an extra layer between the outdoors and the comfort of your home. Their glass covering option decreases energy loss and can help decrease expenses on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors offer an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also provides another barrier for burglars or other uninvited guests.
Storm door installation is a great way to ready your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are other ideas to save some money in your home as the colder weather arrives:
- Check weather stripping. If your weather stripping isn’t secure, cold air can sneak in and impact your home comfort. If you have questions about reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping around your windows or doors, give our Pella West Michigan experts a call and we will gladly help.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can get caught in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Take a dry paintbrush and clear these areas to make a tighter seal and enhance your window and door performance.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, for example deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could permit cold air to enter into your home. Chat with a professional to fix these issues before the colder temperatures hit Grand Rapids.
If you have additional questions about how to prepare your house for the colder weather, or about storm door installation this winter, give the experts at Pella Windows and Doors in Grand Rapids a call at 616-201-0206 or visit our showroom to chat face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the colder season.