Whether it’s your front door, your patio door, or even a back door; doors play a central role in the aesthetic that guests have when entering your Grand Rapids home. When you decide it’s time to replace your doors, it usually means you are willing to improve your home’s curb appeal or that you are just ready for a change in home atmosphere. Either way, replacement doors are a big change and call for a few things to keep in mind. Lucky for you, the professionals at Pella Windows and Doors have a few things to take into account before you choose the final new door style:
- Style with decorative hardware. Finish off the style of your doorway with enhancing hardware on your door, such as door hinges, bells, and knobs.
- Add a splash of color. Speaking of curb appeal, why not emphasize your door with a pop of color? Colors that match your current paint scheme are great and harmonious, but colors that provide contrast to your scheme can make your home look inimitable!
- Experiment with lighting. People often misjudge the functionality of lighting in an entryway. Whether you’re illuminating specific features, landscaping, or the door itself, good lighting can bring a whole look together and feel cozy and inviting to house guests.
- Enhance with plants. The power of greenery around a doorway can also make a great first impression. Plants can pull attention to certain door details and distract attention away from other unfriendly features of a doorway.
- Try new accent features. There are many additional features that can improve a door, such as sidelights, decorative glass, small windows and more. With the perfect accents, your door and home can get a major makeover.
Welcome guests into your home with an appealing doorway and make a wonderful first impression. Check out the Pella Windows and Doors showroom in Grand Rapids, give them a call at 616-201-0206 or arrange an appointment online to discuss all the selections for getting replacement doors to enhance the look of your home.