Pella has a history of sustainability, and we’re passionate about protecting the environment, including locally in Grand Rapids. Whether that’s through our individual business practices or selling energy-saving products, we strive to be green. Our ENERGY STAR®-certified windows and doors will help you increase the energy efficiency of your home, and you’ll experience the benefits all year long.
Our InsulShield® glass collection1 features the most innovative and energy-saving choices, with selections based on each climate. The options below offer our best energy efficiency and protection from the sun and temperatures year-round.
Advanced Low-E Insulating Triple-Pane Glass with Argon2 uses three panes of glass and up to three layers of Low-E thermal protection, with argon between the glass.
Our Advanced Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 offers insulating double-pane glass with dual coats of Low-E thermal protection. This glass also includes argon inserted between the panes of glass to add energy efficiency.
Pella’s SunDefense™ Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 also offers insulating double-pane glass with a Low-E coating made from three layers of Low-E solar protection to keep your home cooler when it’s hot outside. This option blocks 95 percent of the sun’s ultraviolet rays and has argon inserted between the glass to improve your energy efficiency.
Call your Grand Rapids Pella Showroom to learn about more Pella insulating glass styles or our recommended glass for the Grand Rapids region.
Determining Energy Efficiency
You can determine energy efficiency by looking for three primary features:
- Multiple panes of glass – two or three layers of glass translates to more layers of protection between the outdoors and your home.
- Argon is a colorless, non-toxic gas that’s denser than air. Pella includes it between two or more glass panes to provide increased insulation.
- Low-Emissivity (Low-E) glass coating reflects heat away from your home during the summer months and inside the room when it’s cold; plus it blocks harmful UV rays.
Pella Innovation for Grand Rapids Area Home
We’ve provided features to help our products strengthen your energy efficiency, including:
- Multiple combinations of glass
- Thermal breaks
- One-of-a-kind snap-in between-the-glass blinds and shades
- Low-E coating removed from the glass edge to reduce the possibility of seal failure
Find out more about our ENERGY STAR certifications and how to understand the NRFC label.
1 Glass options can be upgraded to offer the benefits of our InsulShield glass collection. Glass options vary per product. See specific product information for availability.
2 Optional high-altitude Low-E insulating glass does not contain argon in most products. See your Pella sales representatives for more information.